Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Prophecy of the Stones - Flavia Bujor

THE PROPHECY OF THE STONES

I read this book a really long time ago, and I should probably read it again before I review it, but I feel the need to review it now so I don't have to in the future. I really liked it when I read it. It's a middle-school aged book, so it's not too challenging, and the story isn't particularly surprising, but it is quite good, and I'd suggest it.

Here's what the back says:

"In a magical realm, three teenage girls, Jade, Opal and Amber, are chosen to fulfill an ancient prophecy. On the day of their fourteenth birthdays, they are set out on a quest that will require them to leave their homes and families to face fierce enemies in a land called Fairytale, where magic reigns and evil is unknown. Although they meet as strangers, they must learn to trust one another with their lives as they embark on this epic journey, armed only with magical stones.

At the same time, in a parallel world, a young girl named Joa fights for her life in a hospital in Paris. While she is dreaming, she is transported into the magical realm where the three young heroines fight a spectacular battle. Their success or failure will determine the fate of Fairytale... and Joa's survival."

Like I said, not completely amazing, but quite different, and has a really good individual premise. I liked it a lot, and I do suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment