Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crank - Ellen Hopkins

CRANK

I really liked Crank the first time I read it. I just finished it again today, and though I haven't read the other two (Glass, and the brand new one Fallout) yet, but I hope to get them sometime in the near future. I like to own books, so... I'm not a fan of libraries.

The style of the book was really different than any other book that I've read before. The fact that it's a story told through poems makes it a really quick read, but a very good one. I really like Ellen Hopkins' writing style.

The story, though I can't directly relate, is very easy to understand, and I can see how people can relate to her story, and how easy it is to fall into drugs to cope with school, and other people.

Like I said, I really liked this book, and I highly recommend it. It is slightly graphic though, so reader discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment